West Farm Surgery

Close this search box.
Patient Access

Worried about a young person or child?

Are you a parent?

If you are worried about your child then talking to their teacher or school is often a good place to start. The school nurse can provide confidential support and advice. They can also refer on to other services such as the child and adolescent mental health services ( CAMHS).

HappyMaps is a great resource to help understand mental health for parents of children and young people. Please come and see a GP if you continue to feel concerned.

Worried about self harm?

If you are worried about self harm then please come and see one of our GP team. They will spend some time finding out about the problem and may be able to access some increased support for you. There are apps designed to support young people with their mental health and self harm behaviours. Calm Harm is one example to help manage the feelings that lead to self harm using distraction.